Readers are Leaders!
The 7 Habits of Happy Kids
1. Be Proactive * You're in Charge
- Know your library day.
- Know your AR goal.
- Read every night without being reminded.
- LOVE to read!
2. Begin with the end in mind * Have a Plan
- Make your AR goal!
- How will you achieve it?
- Read books that challenge you and help you to grow.
3. Put First Things First * Work First, Then Play
- Homework first, play later.
- Make reading a priority.
4. Think Win-Win * Everyone Can Win
- Be consistent in your independent reading, your skills will improve!
- Read books that make you a better friend.
5. Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood * Listen Before you Speak
- Read books that teach you about other cultures.
- Let books help you to see things from other's viewpoints.
6. Synergize * Together Is Better
- Enjoy sharing your ideas about books, and listening to other's ideas.
7. Sharpen the Saw * Balance Feels Best
- Read different genres of books.
- Read to develop your hobbies and interests.
Be sure to contact me if you have any further questions: Susan Beasom (Librarian)